libprinter.a .99 error ...?

Mon Jul 11 13:51:19 PDT 2005

Adam Jackson wrote:
> The correct fix will require some time investment from Xprint people.  I have
> no idea how it could ever have linked in the first place, nor how the
> XlibConf.h change broke it.

Before XlibConf.h, XTHREADS was never defined when Xprt #included Xrm.c,
since nothing in Xprt's Imakefile defined it.  Since XlibConf.h moved the
XTHREAD definition from command line flag set in Makefile to #include'd
file that is the same for the entire tree, XTHREADS is now defined where
it wasn't before.   (For anything that links against libX11, that's a good
thing.   For anything that tries to #include libX11 sources directly, it
can be a problem, but that's what you get from such underhanded hackery.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com