Compile error; libprinter.a functions...

Allen Graves graves_allen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 09:09:10 PDT 2005

I'm having problems compiling the CVS Xorg .99
release. I keep running up against;

<snip>
: undefined reference to `_Xglobal_lock'
Xprint/libprinter.a(Quarks.o)(.text+0x610): In
function `_XrmInternalStringToQuark':
: undefined reference to `_XUnlockMutex_fn'
Xprint/libprinter.a(Quarks.o)(.text+0x627): In
function `_XrmInternalStringToQuark':
: undefined reference to `_Xglobal_lock'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [Xprt] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/xc/programs/Xserver'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc/programs'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc'
make: *** [install] Error 2

<snip>

...? Am I missing a dependency..? All that "googling"
the details of the message turned up was a reference
to fpc, so I installed fpc-1.0.4-3 . No improvement.
Is it my problem ( dependencies...?) or a bug?

I'm compiling it in an /opt/ directory, if that
helps...I'm still rather a newbie ( in other words,
I'm not an experienced programmer ), so don't overlook
that I might have made some ridiculously obvious
mistake... if you care to give it some thought.

I posted this to the release-wranglers list and I was
referred here and told;   "I ran into someone on IRC
earlier tonight having the same problem. It
seems that the Xprt server isn't linking in libX11."

Is this an easy fix? Thanks in advance...

-Allen
SuSE9.2, i586,