Testing update for 6.9/7.0

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Fri Jul 8 19:15:50 PDT 2005

We are readying the new X Test Suite for everyone to use for testing the
upcoming 6.9/7.0 releases.  You can find the code in the xtest project
in Freedesktop's CVS.  The xts5 module contains the test suite code, and
the utils module currently contains two helper scripts.  The two scripts
are:

- xreg

  This script is the same script that we used for running the test suite
  and other tests on previous X.Org releases.  Stuart Anderson updated
  it to run XTS properly.  Try "xreg -help" to see the command-line
  options.

- mktestpkg.sh

  This script will download TET (the Test Environment Toolkit), check
  out XTS anonymously from CVS, build both, and then package everything
  up for your particular OS and architecture.  The tarball it creates is
  intended to be shared with other who cannot build the test suite on
  their own.

  This is the only script that you need to get started since xreg will
  be in the top level dir of the package after running mktestpkg.sh.
  You can download mktestpkg.sh here:

  http://cvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/xtest/utils/mktestpkg.sh?rev=1.4

We would appreciate it if both testers and developers would try building
and running the test suite with the scripts provided.  If you run into
problems or have questions, please follow up here.

Thanks!