Why glXCreateWindow generates BadRequest?

Larry Hu yfhuli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:02:42 PDT 2005

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  /xfsinfo.man/1.2/=//
/xfsinfo.c/1.2/=//
/Imakefile/1.2/=//
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     zÏ   .   pæ  ..  {Ï  èCVS                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             {Ï   .   zÏ   ..  |Ï
Repository  Î  ÔEntries øÍ  ÄEntries.Log Î  °Entries.Backup                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          00, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

> Is there something in the fb layer that is broken for 24/24...? Perhaps
> something in connection with the changes required for the composite
> extension (although this extension was DISABLED during all my tests)...?

fb has no problem drawing 24/24, and by default it will create depth 24
pixmaps at 24bpp if that is the format used in the screen. We've seen
this work just fine on mga using xaa, and I've used it on mach64 under
kaa. In fact, unless exa initializes pixmap formats incorrectly, fb will
use 24 bpp for all depth 24 windows and pixmaps. In any case, it will
always use the same bpp for pixmaps as windows.

> Keith, I think this is becoming a little bit your call....

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure what I can do as I'll be on holiday
starting tomorrow.

-keith

--=-PbUOW412Dqel9jHuS1oP

--=-PbUOW412Dqel9jHuS1oP--