User problems with the DLLoader

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Jan 26 17:47:03 PST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 20:38, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 04:59:25PM -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > What this won't do, of course, is change the behaviour of the loader for
> > existing installations, which appears to be "load whichever module
> > readdir returns first that matches one of the loader filename patterns".
> > But there's nothing to be done there.
>
> Unfortunately this kind of falls on its arse with cirrus_alpine.o and
> cirrus_laguna.o, given they don't match any standard patterns, but is there
> any reason they shouldn't be _drv.o, like everything else?

Yuck.  Presumably this also fails with riva128.

We can either fix the Imakefiles to generate uniform names, or else add
another stanza to FindModule to search for the module name unadorned (which
the patch currently doesn't do but which is historical loader behavior).
Either one really, probably adding the extra three lines to FindModule is
best for now.

- ajax