Disable xterm and XRX builds per default / [Fwd: CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)]

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Jan 25 05:43:10 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 12:57:47PM +0100, Egbert Eich wrote:
> I'm not sure if the distribution specific configuration stuff in linux.cf
> (so far it only esists for RedHat and Debian) is still used today.

Both Debian and Ubuntu patch linux.cf to heavily modify the LinuxDebian section
-- these are changes that can be moved upstream, and indeed were proposed for
6.8.x -- as a generic patch, and then as a distribution-specific patch (patches
numbered 900 and above should not be merged upstream), we define DebianMainter
to be YES.

So, yes, we use it after a fashion.  But I would definitely prefer that they
weren't there at all.

> If not it may be removed - but this should be done by someone representing
> the distro.
> If it is however chosen to keep this distro specific stuff around I would
> like to see it moved to separate files.

I would like it to be removed altogether.  It would be a bad idea even if it
wasn't so utterly woefully out of sync with the distributions, which it is.