radeon tiling again...

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Mon Jan 24 13:59:46 PST 2005

Michel Dänzer wrote:
>>will never appear again.
>>I believe the problem is AdjustFrame is only called before dri
>>initialization is finished, so directRendering is not enabled yet and
>>thus the values in the sarea never written.
>>However, I tried fixing that by moving (also tried copying) the
>>pScrn->AdjustFrame(scrnIndex, pScrn->frameX0, pScrn->frameY0, 0);
>>to the end of RADEONScreenInit (3 lines before the end to be exact) and
>>all I got was a SIGSEGV :-(.
>

> Have you tried calling RADEONAdjustFrame() directly instead?
No, mostly because for mergedfb some magic is needed to get the right
coordinates.

Alex Deucher wrote:
 > what about calling adjustframe() again after DRI initialization?
Well, that's apparently the problem: calling it before DRI
initialization won't work, and calling it after DRI initialization
causes a segfault for some reason... I think it might be not be hard to
figure out why with a remote debugger.

Roland