Disable xterm and XRX builds per default / [Fwd: CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)]

Ian Romanick idr at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 24 13:21:01 PST 2005

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Monday 24 January 2005 13:31, Daniel Stone wrote:
>
>>AIUI, building DRI from Mesa can basically be done today.
>
> Very close.  GLcore still needs Mesa source to build (and possibly the
> darwin/cygwin ports too), but all the client-side bits can be done in Mesa
> already.  Also both Mesa and X need to switch to using /lib/libdrm.so

The server-side GLX work I'm doing will shake up the Darwin / Cygwin
folks. :)  Currently libglx calls GL functions from its protocol decode
routines.  When the server loads a DRI driver, it won't export these
symbols.  That means that libglx will either have to supply them (yuck!)
or directly call the driver's functions via the dispatch table (yum!).

The net result is that the Darwin and Cygwin builds will need a "fake"
DRI driver that creates this dispatch table.  One nice side-effect of
that is that it will remove the platform-dependent stuff (e.g., work
around GL functions missing in some versions of OS X) from libglx.

My stuff is quite a ways from being even an experimental patch, though.

> I _will_ remove Mesa from extras/ once I have a solution for GLcore,
> regardless of any m12n consensus.  I suspect I'll do the same for
> programs/glx* since Mesa is their upstream home.

Here, here!