Disable xterm and XRX builds per default / [Fwd: CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)]

Ian Romanick idr at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 24 13:15:33 PST 2005

Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Keith Packard wrote:
>> Around 5 o'clock on Jan 25, Daniel Stone wrote:
>>
>>> AIUI, building DRI from Mesa can basically be done today.
>>
>> Ajax says "almost".  I can't wait.
>
> Note that this refers to the clientside code, libGL.so, *_dri.so, etc.
>
> It doesn't refer to any of the serverside stuff, especially not the
> software indirect renderer which is built into (I think) dri.a and which
> contains basically the whole mesa source tree.  The right way to remove
> this last dependency is to get indirect rendering handled (one way or
> another) by the hardware acclerated clientside code.

Most of libGLcore.{a,so} is code from somewhere in Mesa.  Ideally this
would be replaced by some sort of software rendering "DRI" module that
could be loaded into the server.  Some of the work that I'm doing to
generate GLX protocol code using scripts will help grease the skids for
this.  libglx.a contains all of the GLX protocol code, and that pulls in
some Mesa code and will pull in some code from src/glx/x11 (notably
indirect_size.[ch]).  I'm not (yet) convinced that libglx should come
from Mesa.