Disable xterm and XRX builds per default / [Fwd: CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)]

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jan 24 11:33:47 PST 2005

Around 19 o'clock on Jan 24, Keith Whitwell wrote:

> It doesn't refer to any of the serverside stuff, especially not the
> software indirect renderer which is built into (I think) dri.a and which
> contains basically the whole mesa source tree.  The right way to remove
> this last dependency is to get indirect rendering handled (one way or
> another) by the hardware acclerated clientside code.

I'm not concerned about the server-side software rendering code; that can
provide stale GL support for all the value it has to real applications; to
some extent, it would actually be a feature to use pure client-side
rendering instead as it's faster...

I am, however, concerned about the interdependencies between the low level
2D driver, the DRM and the Mesa GL driver.  If Mesa ships a DRM based
driver which must be mated to a specific 2D driver, then we need to figure
out who's going to ship what pieces.

-keith