radeon tiling again...

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sat Jan 22 12:21:03 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 21:03 +0100, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> Ok, new version is up here:
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_drm9.diff
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_ddx9.diff
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_dri9.diff
>
> This one now uses the new surface ioctl from Stephane (included in the
> tiling drm patch for both core and old drm).

I think we concluded on IRC that radeon_surfaces_release() should also
be called from radeon_do_release() in case the X server doesn't clean up
its surfaces?

Also, I only now noticed this comment in the DDX diff:

/* The Radeon has depth tiling on all the time. Rely on surface regs to
+ * translate the addresses (will fail if allowColorTiling is 0).
  */

So depth moves will be broken when tiling is disabled? Not that they're
important...

Otherwise, it looks good to go to me, good work guys! I hope my comments
haven't been only nitpicking.

> Mergedfb + pageflip fix is now separate (attached), you need to apply
> this before the tiling ddx patch. It is untested however.

FWIW, it makes sense to me. :)