FB endianness

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jan 21 09:32:04 PST 2005

Around 10 o'clock on Jan 21, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

> Again, how do I disable those? Are we speaking compile-time or run-time?

It's all compile time at present.

fb has the following compile-time options:

symbol			effect
------------------------------------
FBNO24BIT		Disable 24bpp support
BITMAP_BIT_ORDER	Select bit and byte order of pixels within 32-bit units
FBNOPIXADDR		Disable direct pixel addressing.  This forces all
			accesses to be in 32-bit units
FBNO24_32		Exposes 24bpp drawables with 24bpp image formats,
			normally these are exposed using 32bpp image formats
			as most applications get the 24bpp case wrong.
FB_DEBUG		Checks for out of bounds writes to images by padding
			images with a guard scanline on each end

Note that the FB options are all designed so that the normal build is done
by not defining any of them.

So, in your case, you'd set BITMAP_BIT_ORDER to LSBFirst, and set
FBNOPIXADDR to disable byte and short access to frame buffer memory.

If you're interested in saving a bit more memory (FBNOPIXADDR saves quite
a bit), you can also enable FBNO24BIT.

-keith