reparenting and ARGB visuals

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Jan 19 13:26:21 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm having trouble reparenting an ARGB window in to another top level
ARBG window.

What I'm trying to achieve is to create the WM frame using the
attributes for visual and depth as the client's. This way, an ARGB
window would be reparented in another ARGB window of the same depth and
visual.

Problem is that the XReparentWindow() fails if I create the top level
window using the same visual/depth as the client window.

Any idea why XReparentWindow() could fail here?

PS: If I'm on the wrong list here, please forgive me and let me know
which list I should use instead.

TIA
Cheers,
Olivier.