porting from SGIs to Linux?

Jeremy Kolb jkolb at brandeis.edu
Tue Jan 18 16:36:35 PST 2005

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 19:08, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
>
>>You are assuming that a loaded module is part of the kernel then.
>

> You're saying a loaded module is part of userspace?  It's one or the other.
>
> - ajax

Intuitively I would say that it's definitely in kernel-space but it
would seem to me that the kernel isn't the only thing allowed in
kernel-space.  I don't see how including a proprietary module (that's
also separate from the main kernel tree) would invalidate the
nonproprietariness of the rest of the kernel.

Jeremy