Using "Supported additional Video Mode" with i810 driver?

Pete Toscano pete-xorg at verisignlabs.com
Tue Jan 18 04:10:53 PST 2005

Alex Deucher wrote:

> was the message above looks like it was from the edid data from your
> monitor rather than the bios on your board.  It's basically telling
> you it's preferred modeline for that mode.  If it was the bios, you
> might try the i810 driver from cvs.  Alan's last change mentioned
> somethign about better support for extended bios modes.

Since Windows (that was on this machine before I wiped it) could use
1680x1050, I'm guessing that the capability is there, but the driver
just can't get at it yet.

I'm willing to try the CVS version of the i810 driver, but can I run
that with my current install of X.org or do I need to re-compile the
whole thing?  (I'm currently using the Fedora Core 3 stock RPMs --
6.8.1-12.FC3.21)

thanks,
pete