FB-access-wrapper?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Jan 16 09:26:50 PST 2005

Around 18 o'clock on Jan 16, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

> No, I read the code and it still seems to submit a set of boxes to the
> update routine. What would be the difference then, except that a
> different block handler does the work?

There's not much difference now that you've built your own block handler,
except that it sounds like you've added some timeout to limit updates to
specific intervals, which seems like a generally useful idea.  Providing
some mechanism to delay the updates until the 'right time' might be a good
general change.  For displays with vsync info, it would be great if we
could get the update prepared right before that data was read out to the
screen.

-keith