invoke new X without disturbing DPMS of old

jrs _ jrsx13 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 15:03:02 PST 2005

I play my media files remotely from my computer by sshing in. X is always
on, either with a user logged in, or just sitting at the GDM screen. DPMS is
enabled for my monitor.

Here is the last thing i would like to resolve:

I have a script that basically does:

1.) turns monitor off nicely on display :0
2.) startx on tv, display :1
3.) play media file
4.) when media file done close x on display :1
BUT....
5.) When it closes the display on my tv (:1), it turns dpms back on for my
monitor.... i don't want this. I want my monitor to stay off!

Thanks for any help