dlloader is now the default

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Fri Jan 14 10:26:23 PST 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 13:09, Roland Mainz wrote:
> Where are the DLloadable video driver stored right now (and which
> Imakefile setting controls that (we may want to put the video drives
> into a video/-subdir to avoid any mixup with the printer drivers (which
> should have their printer/-subdir))) ?

Currently everything lives under ${ProjectRoot}/lib/modules.  The core modules
(fb, ddc, etc.) live there.  There are various subdirectories beneath there:

- 'drivers' for video drivers
- 'input' for input drivers
- 'extensions' for extensions
etc.

Presumably, once /usr/X11R6 goes away, that will migrate to something
like /usr/lib/xorg.  I believe there's a ModulePath imake variable for this.

I wasn't aware Xprint was a dynamic DDX.

- ajax