fglrx/nvidia/other proprietary driver bugzilla policy

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Jan 11 10:10:42 PST 2005

There are quite a few bugzilla entries for bugs related to the various
proprietary drivers.  What's the official policy here?

- Close them NOTOURBUG first, ask questions later?
- Make new components for the proprietary drivers?
- File them away under driver/other?  (what I've been doing)

I'm primarily interested in hearing opinions from the people whose drivers are
affected by this, ie, people @nvidia.com or @ati.com.  I'm more than happy to
set up components for these drivers and assign them a default owner of
someone at the company in question, but I realize this may not jive with your
workflow.  I don't want to see these bugs sit untouched forever, but I want
even less to see the bugzilla categories for the open drivers get cluttered
with bugs in unrelated drivers.

- ajax