mergedFB with multiple radeon cards... also DMX/DRI

Michael Pacey michael at wd21.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 14:39:25 PST 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to use mergedFB across multiple physical Radeon cards? I
can get Xinerama working nicely but I want DRI to work too.

My hardware is one 9200PRO AGP and two 7000/VE PCI cards. I want to keep
my card->monitor all DVI-D (I get a better picture on my LCDs that way),
which is why I'm not using mergedFB on the 9200PRO, which is a dual
LCD+CRT card). The three cards have DVI-D outputs for my three LCD
monitors.

One of my backup plans was to look into DMX (I have a second PC I can
add add into this setup). However I was disappointed to see DMX is
incompatible with the DRI. I interpret my web search results to mean
that this is a limitation of the DMX architecture so I shouldn't hold my
breathe waiting for this to be "fixed"; correct?

I suspect I'm asking too much on both fronts...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--
Michael Pacey

michael at wd21.co.uk
http://sydb.dyndns.org

Quality, affordable broadband and dial-up: http://www.ukfsn.org
(This is a personal recommendation, not an advert! All profits
go to support Free Software [see http://www.affs.org.uk])
They even tag SPAM for you!