LDFLAGS equivalent?

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Mon Feb 28 09:55:44 PST 2005

Ciprian Popovici wrote:
> I'm trying to build xorg 6.8.2 on a system which has certain libraries
> installed in non-standard places. Compilation fails complaining like this:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfreetype
>
> ...and other libs. How can I make sure all linking receives an extra -L
> to get it past this issue?

The way I do it is to define ccCmd in host.def to read something
like:

#define CcCmd cc -L/custom/lib -I/custom/include

This will only work if your OS specific .cf file conditionalizes
the setting of CcCmd.

The more appropriate way may be to define ExtraLoadFlags, but
again you will need to check your OS .cf file to see if it
defines any extra flags that you will want to add to yours.

Usually, the problem is broader than just extra link editor
flags becuase you need to pick up the custom include files
too, so the CcCmd trick works better.

Kean