Apple M9179LL/A 30" Widescreen LCD with rv280

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 27 21:07:26 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Esben Stien wrote:

> Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> some of the newer ati r3/4xx cards
>
> These chips does not yet have free software dri drivers, which is a
> requirement

There are drivers in development at http://r300.sf.net .

Currently (02/28/05) the status is as follows:

     * drivers are stable on some machines but not on others, perhaps
       depending on a card's PCI id (the code has been run on various
       revisions of r3xx/r4xx cards)

     * not all features are working yet, for example stencil and
       multitexturing  are broken.

     * in those instances when the driver is stable the performance
       is reasonable, you can play Quake and some other games,
       glxgears gives around 1000 fps with, AFAIK, correct display.

Everyone is welcome to join the project :)

                                best

                                 Vladimir Dergachev