Xgl page - http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/Xgl

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Feb 27 19:47:58 PST 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 09:57:38PM -0500, Jon Smirl wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:38:14 +0100, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> > Oh, do you mean the protocol header packages, xfont, xtrans... located
> > in /cvs/xlibs? You need to install those. Sorry, thought you meant the
> > actual xlib implementation, the 'x11' module.
>
> The instructions are not clear about getting cvs/xlibs and the build-em script.
>
> They need to be written so that someone not familiar with the project
> can just type them in and hopefully get a working XGL server.

(Hint, hint, volunteers welcome.)

> The XGL page should be linked into the page:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software

It's a wiki -- anyone can edit it.

> It would be nice if the nameserver make xgl.freedesktop.org work like
> cario.freedesktop.org too.

As soon as davidr or someone asks me, I'll create a separate xgl.fd.o
subsite.  Right now, though, it should live under xserver.fd.o, and
www.fd.o should only be used for 'core' fd.o stuff, not individual
projects.

Things don't just happen when people wish for them.