imlib2/xrender benchmarks

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Sat Feb 26 12:33:16 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 12:11 -0800, Cameron wrote:
> Every time I start a window manager in Xgl now, Xgl uses 99% of my CPU,
> and appears to have frozen. Hopefully I can find the problem and run the
> patched render_bench.

ok, that's probably a bug in Xgl. If you figure out why this appends,
please let me know.

When running render_bench, I recommend not running a window manager. If
the widow manager is also a compositing manager, benchmark results might
not be fair.

Try running it like this:

DISPLAY=:1 ./render_bench & Xglx :1 -display :0 -ac -screen 640x480

-David