Slightly OT: We should move #xorg off of FreeNode

Diego Calleja diegocglinux at yahoo.es
Wed Feb 23 06:14:41 PST 2005

El Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:53:03 -0500,
Patrick McFarland <pmcfarland at downeast.net> escribió:

> Today lilo (the FreeNode network owner) has decided to make one step away in a
> direction opposite of freedom, and banned all Tor users from the FreeNode
> network.

I don't know what are issues that have taken freenode ops to ban Tor users, but I
doubt very much that it's just for fun or because they want to "take everyone's
freedom" that smells to personal preferences. It could be very well a administration
decision, anonymous gateways are used frequently for not good purposes. You use
some sentences like "has decided to make one step away in a direction opposite of
freedom" without providing real proofs of such behaviour, there's nothing in your
mail that proves it. If you can't prove things I'm afraid that nobody is going to listen
to you.