Building latest X.org cvs sources

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Tue Feb 22 13:16:55 PST 2005

Bogdan Diaconescu wrote:
> Hi Xorg users, I'm trying to use X built from latest
> cvs sources but I get the following error:
>
> II) Loading
> /opt/Xorg-6.8.x/lib/modules/drivers/atimisc_drv.so
> dlopen:
> /opt/Xorg-6.8.x/lib/modules/drivers/atimisc_drv.so:
> undefined symbol: ATIMemoryTypeNames_88800CX
> (EE) Failed to load
> /opt/Xorg-6.8.x/lib/modules/drivers/atimisc_drv.so
>
> Now the error is understandable since the missing
> symbol is in another module: ati_drv.so.
>
> My question is: how this dependencies are resolved at
> together with atimisc_drv?

This sounds like trouble with elfloader/dllloader (xorg switched the
loader recently). If you have old modules around (.o and .a) in the
drivers directory, you need to clean them out.
The loader should then handle these dependencies automatically, though I
don't know what magic is involved in that :-).

Roland