Solo Xgl..

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 08:39:01 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:29:36 -0700, Brian Paul
<brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> An enhanced EGL interface could be a nice clean foundation.  Xgl could
> layer upon it and other people could use it as-is for projects where X
> isn't wanted.  Hopefully, other IHVs would adopt/implement it too.

This was brought up at the xdev conference last week. Everyone is in
favor of it. I will help as soon as I can get fbdev fixed for the
things mesa-solo needs.

Also there was significant interest from mobile phone people at the
conference in XGL. There are commercial 100K OpenGL stacks targeted
for phones.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com