Radeo 9550

Hamie hamish at travellingkiwi.com
Thu Feb 17 14:50:13 PST 2005

Alex Deucher wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:58:20 +0000, Hamie <hamish at travellingkiwi.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi all.
>>
>>I'm about to replace the guts of my server (Abit VP6 Dual 866MHz PIII &
>>a Matrox G450), and since it's a server I'm looking for a graphics card
>>that will work well, but isn't necessarily bleeding edge. I was looking
>>at a Saphire ATI Radeon 9550 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Lite Retail
>>(GX-074-SP) from overclockers, but first thought I'd check the support
>>for it... But a quick look through the drm_pciids.txt file reveals no
>>9550's listed in there...
>>
>>Is the radeon 9550 supported by XOrg (I take it it is & I've simply
>>missed it somewhere... Google finds some hits, but nothing really great,
>>e.g. it runs, but how well)? And are there any gotcha's? I'm not even
>>sure if it's R300 or what...
>>

>See my previous post:
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-users&m=110833393525366&w=2

r300 based. brilliant. Thanks for that. (I have a FireGL-T2 in my
laptop, so keeping the server & laptop similiar will be an advantage
when it comes to comparisons). It's not SE based AFAIK. I did manage to
find that the SE's were 64bit & the 9550 itself is 128, and the blurb
says 128 bit.

TIA

Hamish.