Radeo 9550

Hamie hamish at travellingkiwi.com
Thu Feb 17 13:58:20 PST 2005

Hi all.

I'm about to replace the guts of my server (Abit VP6 Dual 866MHz PIII &
a Matrox G450), and since it's a server I'm looking for a graphics card
that will work well, but isn't necessarily bleeding edge. I was looking
at a Saphire ATI Radeon 9550 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Lite Retail
(GX-074-SP) from overclockers, but first thought I'd check the support
for it... But a quick look through the drm_pciids.txt file reveals no
9550's listed in there...

Is the radeon 9550 supported by XOrg (I take it it is & I've simply
missed it somewhere... Google finds some hits, but nothing really great,
e.g. it runs, but how well)? And are there any gotcha's? I'm not even
sure if it's R300 or what...

TIA

Hamish.