Xlibrary use Question:

kcox at onebox.com kcox at onebox.com
Thu Feb 17 00:03:39 PST 2005

Hello,
      I'm looking to write a program that directly interacts with the X Server via some low level calls. I'm looking for a list of *only* the processes that are connected to the X server (and namely the ones that are currently in view for IPC). I'm sure there is a function in the X library to get this information, but I am having some difficulty finding it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be truly grateful.
    Hopefuly I don't have to just bring in the output of "ps -e" and parse the list for X programs. :P

thanks,
kieran