Status of xserver/debrix/modular tree?

Jeremy Kolb jkolb at brandeis.edu
Thu Feb 10 19:21:54 PST 2005

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 04:39:22PM +0200, Ely Levy wrote:
>>

>>> We have serious lack of a roadmap/plan. or at least it's not being made
>>> public.
>>

>> If you want to finish XCB, then please go ahead.
>>
>> A common, er, thread, is occurring in this thread: X is undermanned.
>>
>> Talking about stuff on mailing lists and waving your hands doesn't help.
>>
>> Helping finish XCB does.
>

> What's left to do?  libX11 already works on top of XCB.

If you want check out the todo list on the wiki.  It's a little bit old
but a lot of that stuff does need doing.  So far the core X protocol and
a lot of extensions already work.  I just finished writing the randr and
glx support for it which should be in cvs over the next few days.  If
you're interested in helping out then subscribe to
xcb at lists.freedesktop.org.

A nice and quick thing to do which you could help with would be to port
the wiki over from freedesktop to xcb.freedesktop.org.  I moved over
some stuff but not all of it, and it needs cleaning up.  Subscribe to
the list if you are interested.

Jeremy