Patch for bug #1912 applied incorrectly to 6.8 branch

Thu Feb 10 16:52:21 PST 2005

Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 04:17:51PM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>
>>Or should we wait a few days to finish celebrating the 6.8.2 release
>>and thank Roland for all his hard work putting it together?   8-)
>

> Thank Roland for his work on 6.8.x, and then realise that we should've
> selected a release manager for 7.0 a week before XORG-6_8-branch was
> created, and get on with the business of doing so.
>
> I strongly encourage everyone who's interested in release-managing 7.0
> to put their hand up; right now, this has only been ajax.

I thought effectively it was Kevin Martin, as head of the Modularization
working group, but perhaps that's not quite the same as 7.0 release manager.

I'll throw my hat into the ring for 6.8.3 RM if Roland doesn't want to do it
again, but don't think I can commit to the heavier level/longer term work of
the 7.0/modularization RM right now, though I'll continue to participate in
the wranglers & modularization working group for that.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com