X.org/Gatos branch

s_amping at ece.concordia.ca s_amping at ece.concordia.ca
Sat Feb 5 05:07:53 PST 2005

Hello all,

I read on the Gatos Project web site (http://gatos.sourceforge.net/) that "the
driver development is in the process of moving to X.org CVS"

So there is now a branch in the X.org CVS?  I would like to know how I could use
the gatos drivers with my ATI 8500 AIW DV card.  Are they yet working with X.org
6.8?  I'm using Fedora Core 3.

The reason I'm after the Gatos drivers is so that I can do some DV editing with
Kino and even watch a little cable TV.

It must've been alot of work to put together these drivers.  I hope that the
project hasn't died and if it hasn't what's the state of the project?

I'm so determined I bought "Linux Kernel Development" by Robert Love and if I
can I'll contribute somewhere down the line.

Esteban