High resolution on i855 external CRT

Andrew Barr barr.156 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 4 08:25:56 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 23:06 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> this is only possible if the bios supports the mode you want to use.

What command can I use to find out the modes supported by the BIOS? I've
tried "vbetest" and "855resolution -l" (before doing any editing) and
the mode I want to use is listed in both. If 1280x1024 is a BIOS-
supported mode (I don't care too much about refresh rate or bit depth at
this point), what is the proper xorg.conf configuration? Thanks for your
help.

Andrew