Modular X.org and the Unichrome forks.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Sat Dec 24 04:45:42 PST 2005

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 09:50:04AM +0000, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > About the very last bit, you, and Ivor Hewitt and Andreas Robinson,
> > should've thought about that before:
> > - You all criticised me for being that verbose about very much needed
> > hardware donations (which i became after a release had been postponed
> > for several weeks due to no-one having the hardware to test a serious
> > problem report). Donations btw, which i have only ever been willing to
> > accept from commercial users (i have sinned: the only hardware i didn't
> > pay for my self is the discarded CH7019B daughterboard from an Acer
> > Aspire 135x).
> > - You all so eagerly pounced on the resulting donations.
> > - You all left shortly after.
> >
> Bah spend a few days offline with eye problems, and this happens.
>
> Right, lets clear this crap up once and for all since you keep making these
> personal and misleading statements over and over publicly, and much as I'd
> rather ignore this I can't let this lie.
>
> What are we talking about here?
>
> 1. We are talking about an EpiaM10000 that was donated to investigate a very
> specific issue a company was having. Everyone else turned it down on the
> basis that they didn't have time to look into it and already had an EpiaM
> anyway. I declined initially, then accepted, used the item and found the
> company a workaround. I then offered to return the machine and was told not
> to bother.
>
> 2. We are talking about a non-tv Comell Unichrome-Pro donated for the
> specific purpose of getting unichrome-pro support working. In this case I
> believe I turned the item down three times saying that Andreas, Thomas or
> Luc should receive it since I had taken the first donation. After the donor
> pressed wanting to know why no-one wanted it, I again accepted and with
> minor tweaking we had Xv and XvMC going.
>
> I subsequently offered the Unichrome-Pro to you, Luc, on two occasions and
> you declined.
>
> Nobody "pounced" on anything.
>
> 3. Leaving - Everyone didn't leave because of a deep "technical difference
> of opinion", everyone left because they couldn't work with you and your
> attitude and your offensive remarks to users or about VIA.
>
> 4. Er, Merry Christmas?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Ivor Hewitt

We seem to have a very different recollection of events. This is not how
i interpreted them back then, and this is not how i interprete them
today either. Maybe you should read through it again.

I was barely bashing VIA then, the "We are now releasing source"-lie
happened later. And i was only rude to one very specific subclass of
users. Tell me, has warren been more co-operative with the openchrome
project?

Oh; Last i heard, the rev 18 issue wasn't handled completely, as that
"user", who quite clearly was of a totally different class than the
users you seem to denote here, was unable to get his follow-up problem
acknowledged.

Yes, happy hogswatch to everybody.

Luc Verhaegen.