Prerequisites for r300 with 3D?

Frédéric L. W. Meunier lists2 at pervalidus.net
Thu Dec 22 14:19:06 PST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> For the drm modules I cd to drm/linux and ran make
> DRM_MODULES="r128 radeon"

Read make DRM_MODULES="radeon"

Now that I read Dave Airlie stating that 6.9 should work OOTB,
does that mean '#define BuildDevelDRIDrivers YES' will compile
the r300 dri module but '#define BuildDevelDRIDrivers r300'
won't ?

Anyway, at least here it works fine for what I use (nothing
major like Windows games). No lockups in a week (before, I used
a pre 6_8_99_904).

What I get (even with only 2D) are artifacts for less than 2s
and only after switching from the console (running or not
radeonfb), that appears at the top of the screen. It also
happened with 6.8.2 and may be a window manager issue. I'll try
others and later report if it isn't, and also try to make a
screenshot.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html