What's up with xgl?

Hanno Böck ml at hboeck.de
Thu Dec 22 13:57:14 PST 2005

Well, the last thing I read about xgl on this list was a post from David
Reveman from October:

> I've been doing a lot of work on Xgl and I have a bunch of major updates
> but none of them have made it into CVS yet. Glitz CVS is pretty much up
> to date, though.
>
> It's more likely that I'll move my new Xgl code into Xorg after the
> modularization is complete and 7.0 is released than trying to merge it
> into the kdrive tree. However, I should probably update the current CVS
> code so that it at least compiles with glitz CVS...

Now I read in the blog of aaron seigo that xgl development is happening on a
closed basis:
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2005/12/wouldnt-be-it-be-nice.html

My question is: What is true? Are we going to see new Xgl-stuff "after the
modularization is complete and 7.0 is released", which was yesterday?

And, if aseigo is right (nobody has "officialy" denied or approved his entry),
what does that mean for the future of xgl?

I'm just a simple user, not involved in any development, so it's just a
question from someone interested, as it hasn't been raised up on this list.

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber: jabber at hboeck.de