Call For Participation -- X.org Developer's Conference, Feb 8-10, 2006

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 19 14:41:45 PST 2005

X Developers WorldWide:

Are you coming?  Let us know!
We need much more participation to make this year's conference a success.
Announcements of this event have been sent out over the past 2 months. The wiki page
listed below has emerging detail of the conference.  Our apologies for the difficulties
in finding it while the domain shift for x.org was in process.

Over the next few days before the holiday season takes over, we hope to lign up a critical
mass of attendees and speakers.

The membership of X.org and other interested parties are urgently requested to
respond to this message your intent to attend, aye or nay.

Let's hear from you,

Stuart Kreitman
XdevConf 2006 organizer

               ============   ANNOUNCEMENT!  ========

The next X Developer's Conference is scheduled on February 8-10, 2006
at Sun Microsystem's Santa Clara campus.  These dates were arrived at
to be compatible with planning for other important conferences before
and after.

Please refer to http://wiki.x.org/wiki/XDevConf for the
latest updates on our planning.

=== Call for papers ===

To express your intent, please submit a title asap.  Complete
abstracts are desireable but not required

Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:

  o  Updates on existing R&D
  o  Drivers
  o  Input handling
  o  DRI/DRM
  o  GL in its various incarnations
  o  Performance
  o  Desktop development
  o  Application development
  o  Remote X and Thin Clients

As in previous events, we will make an effort to include developer talks
from the entire range of the desktop stack

=== HackFest and Breakout Sessions ===

Expect ample support for informal breakout sessions, hacking and socializing
during this XDevConf.

At this time, we do not have a limit on the attendance.  We still have
a choice of rooms, but we do need to develop a headcount as early as
possible.  So,  if you have either presented or attended previously,
or even considered attending previously, we would like to receive email
from you, expressing whether you do or do not expect to attend this year.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next X Developer's Conference in
sunny Santa Clara, CA!