X doesn't fill the whole screen

David Nusinow david_nusinow at verizon.net
Mon Dec 19 12:09:02 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:28:43PM -0200, Paulo Marcel Coelho Aragao wrote:
> Point taken. I suppose then than X packages will be factored so that
> configuration sits in a separate package, like exim4 does, right ?

Actually, no. I loathe the exim4 packaging (it alone was enough to make me
switch to postfix a long time ago). The goal will be to make the server
itself smarter so we don't have to do distro-specific configuration stuff.
There's already a lot of this logic in the server, but it's not being used
properly. I can't really give you any more specifics than that, since I
haven't started to attack the problem. The end goal will be to push the
server configuration logic from Debian to X.Org. But not until modular is
ready to go.

 - David Nusinow