Radeon mem map fix: Need regression tests please

Alexander Rauth Alexander.Rauth at promotion-ie.de
Mon Dec 19 11:59:14 PST 2005

Am Montag, den 19.12.2005, 17:07 +1100 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
> I think I've get something in shape for getting the radeon memory map
> finally sane, removing all sort of hacks, and possibly fixing all sort
> of weird bugs. It works best with the very latest radeon DRM fixes to
> the same area but might well improve things all by itself.

if installed vanilla-sources-2.6.15-rc6 ...

<snip>
 Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
<snip>
      radeon drm: fix agp aperture map offset
<snip>

all patches you asked for testing included in this release???

> However, due to the importance of the changes, that patch really need
> some serious regression testing. That's also why I've left (after fixing
> it so it builds) RADEON_DEBUG enabled so that in case of problem, there
> will hopefully be some useful infos in the log.

I'll send the log in an extra message....

> So please test and let me know (both if it works, doesn't work, and if
> it fixes a previously broken setup). It's not 7.0 material but I expect
> to commit the patch (or a successor) to CVS right after that, and it
> might hit a subsequence stable release as a bug fix.
>
> Especially, test with & without DRI and that console switch works, to
> vgacon or to framebuffer, or to whatever non-linux OSes have ...on
> linux, with and without "UseFBDev" if you are using radeonfb too, etc...

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL
Mobility T2] (rev 80)

I've tested everything expect for vgacon switch ... everything working
STABLE for the first time with modular Xorg (I've being testing since
RC1). All version I've tested until this patch level completely froze my
system. It's a pity that it won't make it into 7.0-final....

I have a Radeon RV100 in an Dual Athlon system. Is there a chance that
this version of the xorg-radeon driver is SMP save if DRM is enabled. I
haven't tested any RC on this machine.
xorg 6.8.2 with gentoo patches actually hangs the system.

> Thanks in advance,
> Ben.

Thank you for your great work!
Alexander