[ANNOUNCE] X11R6.9/X11R7 Final Release Candidate ready for testing

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Thu Dec 15 14:05:02 PST 2005

We are pleased to announce the availability of the fourth and final full
Release Candidate (RC4) for the upcoming X.Org Foundation release of
X11R6.9 and X11R7.  We have tagged both the monolithic and modular trees
and have prepared tarballs for you to test.

The X11R6.9-RC4 tarball was created from the traditional monolithic
source tree and can be found here:

  http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R6.9-RC4/

X11R7-RC4 is based on the new modularized source tree and as such there
are individual tarballs for each module component in the tree.  The set
of tarballs can be found here:

  http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.0-RC4/

We ask that you please test _both_ the modular and monolithic trees.
See the following page for information on how to test the release:

  http://wiki.x.org/wiki/X11R6970Testing

Please file any problems that you find in freedesktop.org's bugzilla:

  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=xorg

so that we can fix them in the next release.

Now that the final RC is out, we are updating the documentation for the
release next week (21 Dec 2005).  If you have any doc updates or fixes,
please file them in bugzilla and mark them as blockers of the release
bug (#1690).  If you submit documentation patches no later than Monday
(19 Dec 2005), we will be able to get them into the release.

Thank you for your help with making this a successful release!

Alan Coopersmith
Adam Jackson
Kevin E. Martin