Question about (usb) mouse being confused about drag-n-drop...

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Dec 15 01:09:09 PST 2005

Hi.

I'm seeing the following problem: when I depress and then release the
mouse left-button and then move the mouse without waiting, X applications
sometimes get confused and believes that something is being dragged (i.e.
that the movement started before the button-up event, not after it).

I have an EPIA SP-13000 and also an MSI K8MM-V, both connected
through an IOGEAR 1734 switch to a Dell 2005FPW monitor (which
has a built-in USB hub), and eventually to a Logitech Wireless Comfort
Duo...  with the wireless receiver hanging off the USB hub on the
monitor, going back to the USB KVM switch...

Though I also had the same problem before when using just a Logitech
Mouseman USB...

I'm running FC3 updated, but with the RC3 release of Xorg (though I
saw this previously with the FC3 distro release of 6.8.2 as well).

This causes a lot of hassle, since things get dragged around that shouldn't
be...  I'll wager it's a simple fix to my xorg.conf file, but I can't
figure out
what it is.

I googled for a posting about a similar problem, but didn't find any
solutions.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Thanks,

-Philip