Problem loading .xkm file

Simo Kauppi swk at nic.fi
Sat Dec 10 02:29:31 PST 2005

Hi,

I have a little problem loading a keymap file. I think I managed to
compile a proper keymap.xkm, but I don't get Xserver to load it.

Where is Xserver looking for the .xkm file or how can I tell X to load a
certain file from the command line?

There are two switches in X: -xkbdb and -xkbmap, but neither of them
seems to work for me. -xkbmap keymap.xkm tells that it cannot open the
keymap.xkm file and with -xkbdb keymap.xkm the keyboard doesn't behave
correctly.

I have compiled the keymap.xkm from this:

xkb_keymap {
	xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)"	};
	xkb_types     { include "complete"	};
	xkb_compat    { include "complete"	};
	xkb_symbols   { include "en_US(pc105)+fi+fi(nodeadkeys)"	};
	xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"	};
};

and I get a bunch of warnings from the xkbcomp:
Warning:          No symbols defined for <SYRQ> (keycode 92)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <MDSW> (keycode 93)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <BRK> (keycode 114)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <FK13> (keycode 118)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <FK14> (keycode 119)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <FK15> (keycode 120)
Warning:          No symbols defined for <I7F> (keycode 255)

Are those possibly related to the problem, or are they harmless?

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature