State of Linux graphics

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:23:04 PDT 2005

On 8/31/05, Jim Gettys <jg at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> Certainly replicating OpenGL 2.0's programmability through Render makes
> no sense at all to me (or most others, I believe/hope).  If you want to
> use full use of the GPU, I'm happy to say you should be using OpenGL.
>                                 - Jim

This is the core point of the article. Graphics hardware is rapidly
expanding on the high end in ways that are not addressed in the
existing X APIs.

The question is, what do we want to do about it? I've made my
proposal, I'd like to hear other people's constructive views on the
subject.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com