Input device design (3)

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Wed Aug 31 07:41:59 PDT 2005

X is not the only client of input devices: sometimes games want to be in
control, sometimes other stand alone applications.  Second guessing what
people want/need to do with all sorts of input devices isn't a good
strategy.

So getting the plumbing decisions out of the X server is the intent.
Some systems lack hot plug entirely; they can use a static configuration
system, but let's make it external to the X server this time.
				- Jim