An opportunity to help?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Aug 29 17:37:45 PDT 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 20:06, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > I did read a little about the modilarisation on the web page. I'll take
> > another look and set if I can get started, or at least ask some more
> > specific questions.
> >
> > I won't need a lot of mentoring, just a patient person to answer my
> > questions as I learn the code. :]
>
> Also joining the xorg and xorg-devel IRC channels on freenode can also
> be useful, I'd suggest lurking and listening, and please don't ask
> ajax any questions he has enough people doing that..

I only bite when asked nicely.

My primary wish for the modular build right now is to get coverage of multiple
cards and on multiple platforms and operating systems.  My mind's been off
development a bit recently, but there are several bugs on the blocker list
for the next release (#1690) that could use someone's attention to code up a
fix.

If you're more interested in development than in release testing, I'm happy to
answer interesting questions, but not always immediately.

I highly recommend reading the docs on the porting layer (ddx.PS.gz) and on
the XFree86 DDX (hw/xfree86/doc/DESIGN) if you're going to be doing any
serious work within the server.

- ajax