Tweaking input and video driver Makefile.am

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Aug 29 15:34:39 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'd like to propose a couple of small changes to the build system for
the input and video drivers.  First, the Makefile.am should be

	inputdir = @inputdir@

	@DRIVER_NAME at _drv_ladir = $(inputdir)

which makes it possible to override this destination dir on make install
time.  This is how all the standard install destinations work and rpm
uses this (and not DESTDIR) to explicitly override the install
destinations when installing into a temporary root.

Second, could we drop the inputdir and driverdir variables from the
xorg-server.pc file?  None of the drivers are using it anyway, they all
hardcode $(moduledir)/input or $(moduledir)/driver.  I'm not sure what
the purpose of these vars should be, but as it is it's just confusing
since you can't configure a driver to install to a specific inputdir or
driverdir.

Kristian