Stopping work on EGL and Xgl

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Thu Aug 25 04:10:52 PDT 2005

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Mike A. Harris wrote:
>

>>>For me, the real disappointing thing is that neither big Vendor like
>>>Redhat, IBM, Sun (except Suse!) nor Nvidia or Ati are interested in
>>>Xgl...
>>
>>To the contrary.  Red Hat, Nvidia, ATI, and many other companies are
>>very interested in X on GL.  Perhaps you're not following things very
>>closely.
>

> Do you mean RedHat is sponsoring developers to work on Xegl
> and related technologies?  Where can I find more information?

Your initial statement says that Red Hat, among other companies,
are not interested in Xgl.  Red Hat is indeed interested in the
progress that is being made in the Xgl and other related
projects.

The careers section of our website is the most useful place to
keep up to date on what job positions are currently available
at Red Hat:

http://www.redhat.com/en_us/USA/Home/Company/Careers