Stopping work on EGL and Xgl

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Tue Aug 23 11:58:59 PDT 2005

Alan Cox wrote:

> I'm not convinced EXA is that bad, at least it won't be once a few
> drivers are converted. Most of that kind of work is pasting chip
> specific code into an existing framework. Once there are examples it
> gets a lot easier.

Indeed, I'm surprised how quickly the existing drivers are gaining
EXA support.  Some are already EXAgerated in CVS, many others
have patches pending.

Looking forward to see how the r200 performs with EXA.  Last time
I've checked the patch was called "radeon-exa-disaster.diff" or
something like that, so I decided to wait a bit longer :-)

\X/  http://www.develer.com/