via_agp: setting agp

Michel Brabants michel.linux at tiscali.be
Tue Aug 23 07:54:58 PDT 2005

Heya,

I have screen freezing-problems. I'm not sure if I'm asking on the right
maillinglist, sorry then. I have a via kt133-motherboard and I have read that
the northbridge(?) can't handle situations with a lot of traffic. I don't
know if it is the loop-problem which is described on a via-page (it seems
windows can detect it ... is there any implementation for linux?... anyway).
I have a gforce2 400 MX/MX and when I used the nvidia binary driver I believe
I read somewhere that they set agp to 2x when the kt133-vi-chipset? was
detected.

Question: I'm using the opensource drivers nv drivers together with via_agp
and was wondering if there are parameters to set the agp-mode to 1x, 2x, ...
or even disable it?

thanks,

Michel Brabants